14.2.19

Quilting

My HOOD HAT, PARTY DRESS and BIG BUNNY sewing patterns all include quilted panels of fabric.  It looks like a complicated process but in reality, once you know how, it's super easy.


    


 The wadding (also known as batting) is usually quite wide so I'm using up all my leftovers to make a round cushion.  The patterned fabric is from a collection by NINA CAMPBELL (rabbit hole warning!!!) and for the underside I cut up an old pillow case.  





I recommend making your fabric sandwich just big enough to fit the pattern as it can become a little bulky and difficult to handle if the piece is too large.  I've added a detailed HOW TO right here. I used top stitching thread and if you've never sewn with it before there's also a HOW TO for that here.



No comments:

Post a Comment