At the top of the pile a 57cm long piece of the Liberty print Ciara Grey plus, in what can only be described as an extreme cutting event, a slightly modified APRON TOP pattern were combined together to produce a highly wearable version of one of my favourite patterns.
The APRON TOP sewing pattern is available from my Etsy shop in Australian sizes 8-14, for international customers a size conversion chart can be found right here. There was no fabric left for the collar so I replaced it with a narrow bias cut tie and step by step instructions have been included below.
1. Follow the APRON TOP instructions to step 8.
2. For this example I've used a pre-cut/folded 3.5cm wide bias binding in 100% cotton sourced from Luccello.
3. With right sides together stitch the binding to each side of the neck making your stitching line just to the right side of the fold line. For my APRON TOP I allowed 19.5cm for the back neck and 45cm for each of the front ties.
4. Clip the seam as required and trim away the ends of the binding from the underarm. Slip stitch the binding in place on either side of the neck.
5. Bring the free folded edges of the binding together, tuck in the end of the ties and topstitch through all layers to secure in place. Trim any excess threads, press and you're all done.
Silver lining, it's all about me sewing bee continues...