4.6.13

Beach Baby

Viewing photographs of the recent resort collections I suddenly found myself in the mood for a Winter escape.  Alas with no time or budget I did the next best thing, I made something summery for my little niece.


To a simple Japanese pattern I added an extra large helping of Auntie Mame; I love Lucille Ball but the 1958 version staring Rosalind Russell is definitely my favourite.  In the spirit of Mame Dennis I combined an Hawaiian print voile, some Liberty print leftovers, aqua top-stitching and a crochet doily...Voilà!  The voile was found at Tessuti and the Liberty print came from Luccello.
   
 
Australian Orry-Kelly designed the costumes for Auntie Mame and another little movie which also features his work will be shown at ACMI on the big screen over 3 successive Saturdays....Some Like It Hot!!! 4pm June 8th, 15th, & 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment