7.5.13

Powder Puff

Vintage style for Modern girls.


A promotional shot for the 1957 film Silk Stockings features the utterly gorgeous Cyd Charisse seated on what looks like a giant powder puff....I totally approve!
  
I got all inspired and created the POWDER PUFF cushion cover. It's not quite as big as Cyd's, but with a finished diameter of 58cm it's just the right size for a quick get-away.


 The pattern for the POWDER PUFF is now available from my Etsy shop.  For this version I cut the front panels in the same fabric alternating between the right and wrong sides but you could also make it up in contrasting prints.  

  
For the cushion inner I re-purposed an old feather doona; not, it turns out, an indoor job!  The printed sateen twill came from Tessuti and the Liberty print for the back was found at L'uccello.


Charlie is also wearing the TIE SIDE knickers made up in a Liberty print called August Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment