13.8.12

Winter versions

A couple of years ago I adopted a Border Collie named Harry from the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne.  One of his favourite things is to go for a run around the Tan.  There's a look he gives me when I tell him it's time to get back in the car....head tilted slightly to one side, eyebrows crinkled as if to say 'I don't get it, why are we leaving?'

That was sort of the same look I pulled when I overheard someone say my LICKETY-SPLIT SKIRT was too summery to make for winter....challenge accepted!




I made the skirt above in some left over fabrics; a multi coloured wool blend for the front and a double faced fabric for the back.  The fabric for the PRETTY BLOUSE came from Tessuti (pattern coming soon).


The chartreuse tights are from OK OK and I purchased them from a very cool shop in East Brunswick called Ursa Studiohouse.  64% Australian wool and nice and thick; perfect for winter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment